Funded by the European Commission, the OGF-Europe project is aligned with OGF's global mission of pervasive Grid adoption through interoperable software standards. Key deliverables include outreach seminars and workshops, adoption challenges and recommendations reports; community surveys, best practice reports and tutorials. OGF-Europe also coordinates an "Industry Experts" council to better understand how European enterprises are dealing with issues surrounding interoperations and standardization and to engage them in the core work of OGF.
OGF-Europe is aimed at:
- Bringing enterprise and eScience communities together to break down barriers and foster mainstream Grid adoption.
- Creating a stronger voice in shaping European and global priorities while emphasising the need for open standards.
- Synchronising requirements across key stakeholder communities, through stronger engagement from Europe, and accelerating end-user adoption.
- Ensuring that standards developed are suited to European requirements.
- Capitalising on the significant innovation in Grid computing that Europe has built so it may be more influential and better recognised globally.
The MNM-Team participates in the OGF-Europe project by organizing communitiy outreach seminars and by contributing to several standardization groups like the Grid Interoperability Now (GIN) community group, the Production Grid Infrastructure (PGI) working group, and the Remote Instrumentation Services in Grid Environment (RISGE) research group.
The official project website is available at http://www.ogfeurope.eu
In this project, the MNM-Team cooperates with the following partners:
- Barcelona Supercomputing Centre
- European Chapter of the Open Grid Forum
- The Chancellor, Masters & Scholars of the University of Oxford - Oxford e-Research Centre
- Telefónica Investigación y Desarrollo Sociedad Anónima Unipersonal
- Information Technology Telecommunications and Electronics Association - Intellect
- Instituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
- Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Pan w Poznaniu - Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
- ATOS Origin Sociedad Anónima Espanola
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique
- Beginning: Feb 2008
- Finished by: Jan 2010
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org